Stargazing can also be caused by a virus called as Paramyxovirus (PMV-1).
What does PMV stand for?
PMV stands for Paramyxovirus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMV
We have 83 other meanings of PMV in our Acronym Attic
- Progressive Muslim Union of North America
- Princeton Model United Nations Conference (Princeton University)
- Programming Models for Ubiquitous Parallelism (workshop)
- Pari Mutuel Urbain Romand (French)
- Pattern Matching, Unification and Search
- Philip Morris USA
- Piezoelectric Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducer
- Mitral Valve Prolapse, Familial
- Panneaux à Messages Variables (French: Variable Message Signs; computerized road signs)
- Paralyzed and Mechanically Ventilated
- Parcels & Miscellaneous Van (UK railways)
- Parcels and Miscellaneous Van (British Southern Railway)
- Parliamentary Medal of Valor (Honor Harrington science fiction novels)
- Partial Molar Volume
- Passenger Motor Vehicle (Australian government)
- Passy-Muir Valve (tracheostomy speaking valve)
- Pea Mosaic Virus
- Personal Mobility Vehicle (electric scooters)
- Picture Music Video
- Pierson's Milk Vetch (plant species)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fatal encephalitis due to novel paramyxovirus transmitted from horses.
Cause: A paramyxovirus of the genus Morbillivirus Symptoms: A fever, which can reach 40C, a cough, conjunctivitis and a runny nose.
Mumps is caused by the paramyxovirus and has a long incubation period taking as long as three weeks from infection to outbreak.
Researchers suspect the disease - which Oshitani called 'the most significant outbreak that has been spread through air travel in history' - was caused by the paramyxovirus or the coronavirus.
Researchers suspect the disease, described by Mr Oshitani as "the most significant outbreak that has been spread through air travel in history", was caused by the paramyxovirus or the coronavirus.
Two candidate viruses had been identified by press time, one belonging to the paramyxovirus family and one to the coronavirus family.
Preliminary investigations by the Pathology Department at the Singapore General Hospital and the Defense Medical Research Institute have identified the likely infective agent to belong to the paramyxovirus family,'' it said.