In addition, our institute provides newly established molecular biologic methods (PCR) enabling not only an exact differentiation between liver cancer or metastases and AE but also species-specific diagnosis based on native material from operations on AE patients and on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue (12).
What does PET stand for?
PET stands for Paraffin-Embedded Tissue
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PET
We have 367 other meanings of PET in our Acronym Attic
- Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and Legal Factors (business evaluation)
- Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental, Legal, Organisational (police analysis)
- Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal and Environmental (business marketing tool)
- Photon Emission Scanning Tunnel Microscopy
- Personnel, Equipment, Supply, Training, and Ordnance (collective term for resources assessed in readiness reporting)
- Photosynthesis Experiment and System Testing Operation (US NASA)
- Psychologists Educating Students to Think Skeptically
- Periodical Electric Square Waves
- Plant Extractable Soil Water
- Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting
Samples in periodicals archive:
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue (FFPET) samples from biopsies or micro-dissections are frequently used for retrospective studies, primarily in oncology.
1) We selected the novel secretory PLUNC protein for immunohistochemical analysis in paraffin-embedded tissue samples to validate the differential expression among nasal polyps, chronic sinusitis, and normal nasal mucosal tissue, and to observe the localization of its expression in tissues and cells.
A high-sensitivity, medium-density, and target amplification-free planar waveguide microarray system for gene expression analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue.
In sections on tissue processing, staining techniques, and imaging techniques, they discuss an optimized RNA extraction method from archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, double immuno-histochemistry with horseradish peroxide and alkaline phosphate detection systems, duplex in-situ hybridization in the study of the gene co-regulation in the vertebrate brain, using confocal microscopy for three-dimensional imaging of neurons in the spinal cord, software-based stacking techniques to enhance depth of field and dynamic range in digital photomicrography, and other topics.
This technique can also be used in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
DNA Extraction from Archival Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded Tissue Sections Based on the Antigen Retrieval Principle: Heating Under the Influence of pH.
Proteins cannot only be extracted from fresh but also from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.