Anil Rustgi, MD, Chief, Division of Gastroenterology from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, and colleagues studied the molecular changes of exocrine cells during inflammation, so-called acinar-ductal metaplasia (ADM), a prelude to pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
What does PDA stand for?
PDA stands for Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma (cancer)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDA
We have 524 other meanings of PDA in our Acronym Attic
- Precursor D1 Protein (biochemistry)
- Programmed Death 1 (molecule)
- Point Correlation Dimension (algorithm)
- Procurement Desktop - Defense
- Protein Domain 3 (molecular virology)
- Process Definition for Java
- Packaging and Design Association, Europe
- Packet Downlink Assignment (GPRS)
- Painting and Decorating Association (Warwickshire, UK)
- Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia
- Parameter Data Area
- Parental Discretion Advised
- Parenteral Drug Association (now the International Association for Pharmaceutical Science and Technology)
- Partei Der Arbeit (Suisse Socialist Party)
- Partial Discharge Analyzer (various companies)
- Participant-Directed Retirement Account
- Partito d'Azione (Italian political party)
- Past Doctor Adventure (Doctor Who novel)
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- Researchers identified a new target to improve treatment of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cancer, which accounts for more than 95 percent of pancreatic cancer cases.
Its presence is associated with a range of cancers, including pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, mesothelioma, epithelial ovarian cancer, and lung adenocarcinoma.
Expression of novel markers of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in pancreatic nonductal neoplasms: additional evidence of different genetic pathways.
From July 2000 to January 2007, a total of 1088 patients from 16 countries with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma with R0 or R1 (35%) resection margins were randomised within 8 weeks of surgery to receive treatment with either 5-FU/FA or gemcitabine for 6 months.
With its tumor-targeted doxorubicin conjugate aldoxorubicin, CytRx has initiated an international Phase 2b clinical trial as a treatment for soft tissue sarcomas, has completed its Phase 1b/2 clinical trial primarily in the same indication, and has initiated a Phase 1b pharmacokinetics clinical trial in patients with metastatic solid tumors, a Phase 2 trial for patients with advanced pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas and a Phase 1b study of aldoxorubicin in combination with doxorubicin in patients with advanced solid tumors.
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC)  is the fourth-leading cause of cancer mortality, with a 5-year survival rate of <5% (1).
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is the most common type of pancreatic cancer and carries the worst prognosis of any cancer, even when diagnosed early.