More than 20 pan European network operators have announced plans to build fiber-optic networks since 1998, while another group of carriers will lease fiber or capacity to provide services to end users.
What does PEN stand for?
PEN stands for Pan European Network (air traffic management)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PEN
We have 157 other meanings of PEN in our Acronym Attic
- Partnerships in Environmental Management for the Seas of East Asia (Quezon City, Philippines)
- Public Expenditure Management Strengthening Program
- Phosphatidylethanolamine N-Methyltransferase (gene)
- Planning, Evaluation, Monitoring, Transference (project approach method)
- Post Editing of Machine Translation (various companies)
- Pseudo-Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition (cell research)
- Pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (various hospitals)
- Project Environmental Management Unit (Albania; World Bank)
- Pea Enation Mosaic Enamovirus
- Photo-Evoked Eyelid Microvibration (child neurology)
- Parent Empowerment Network (Washington state)
- Partido Encuentro Nacional (Paraguay)
- Peer Education Network
- Penang, Malaysia - Penang International (Airport Code)
- Pendleton (Amtrak station code; Pendleton, OR)
- Pennsylvania Environmental Network
- Permanent Employee Number
Samples in periodicals archive:
Founded in 1992, COLT operates an integrated IP based pan European network linking the financial and business centers of Europe, providing the full range of telecommunications services to high value corporate and carrier customers.
Barron Evans, Executive Vice President DDB FocusEurope, will head up the North American office, bringing with him the experience from his time in Belgium -- understanding the critical market issues and designing the pan European network to assist small and medium sized enterprises in North America.
11, 1999-- Global Crossing, which is building and operating the world's first and most advanced global IP-based datacentric network, today announced it has contracted with Alcatel for the maintenance of its new, state-of-the-art Pan European network.
a European-based, cross border carrier and Siemens AG, Information and Communication Products, announced today that Carrier1 will deploy Siemens fiber optic cable in Germany as part of its Pan European network build.