In 2010 dengue killed 1,187 people across Latin America, according to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) figures.
What does PAHO stand for?
PAHO stands for Pan American Health Organization (WHO)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of PAHO in our Acronym Attic
- Preliminary Assessment of Health Impacts
- Preliminary Assessment of Health Impacts (study done for the Alternative Technologies and Approaches Project)
- Pahlavi (linguistics)
- Pittsburgh Amateur Hockey League (Pennsylvania)
- Pressure Alarm High Limit
- Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management
- Program Against Hunger, Malnutrition and Disease (Canadian International Development Agency)
- Pan African Historical Museum USA (Springfield, MA)
- Panhandle Area Health Network Inc. (Marianna, FL)
- Philadelphia Archdiocesan Holy Name Union (Catholic society; Philadelphia, PA)
- Pan American Health Organization of the World Health Organization
- Pediatric Asthma Health Outcome Measure (asthma study)
- Pennsylvania Accessible Housing Program
- Peracetic Acid-Hydrogen Peroxide
- Prepaid Ambulatory Health Plan (various locations)
- Publicly Assisted Housing Program (New York)
- Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act of 2006
- Portuguese American Health Professional Association
- Pulse Amplified High Power System (EMEGS)
- Postaccident Heat Removal
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) says cholera treatment centers are being built to help handle the surge in cases.
The sexually transmitted disease inoculation, which became the Pan American Health Organization, was to look for new ways to prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
Other keynote speakers included Paul DeLay of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, Carol Bellamy of the United Nations Children's Fund, and Mirta Roses Periago of the Pan American Health Organization.
Secretary General Kofi Annan has named former Pan American Health Organization Director George Alleyne as his special envoy on HIV/AIDS in the Caribbean region, announced by the United Nations.
The OAS has served as the catalyst for hemispheric cooperation and a broader "inter-American system of hemispheric security," which now includes the Pan American Health Organization, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation in Agriculture, the Inter-American Defense Board, and meetings such as the Defense Ministerial of the Americas and Conferences of the American Armed Forces.
Agency for International Development and the Pan American Health Organization.
org/disasters/> Two years ago, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) produced the first edition of the Virtual Disaster Library on CDROM.