de Quadros was a central figure in the elimination of polio in Latin America and the Caribbean and was recently honored as a Public Health Hero of the Americas by the Pan American Health Organization and World Health Organization.
What does PAHO stand for?
PAHO stands for Pan American Health Organization (WHO)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of PAHO in our Acronym Attic
- Preliminary Assessment of Health Impacts
- Preliminary Assessment of Health Impacts (study done for the Alternative Technologies and Approaches Project)
- Pahlavi (linguistics)
- Pittsburgh Amateur Hockey League (Pennsylvania)
- Pressure Alarm High Limit
- Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management
- Program Against Hunger, Malnutrition and Disease (Canadian International Development Agency)
- Pan African Historical Museum USA (Springfield, MA)
- Panhandle Area Health Network Inc. (Marianna, FL)
- Philadelphia Archdiocesan Holy Name Union (Catholic society; Philadelphia, PA)
- Pan American Health Organization of the World Health Organization
- Pediatric Asthma Health Outcome Measure (asthma study)
- Pennsylvania Accessible Housing Program
- Peracetic Acid-Hydrogen Peroxide
- Prepaid Ambulatory Health Plan (various locations)
- Publicly Assisted Housing Program (New York)
- Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act of 2006
- Portuguese American Health Professional Association
- Pulse Amplified High Power System (EMEGS)
- Postaccident Heat Removal
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is projected by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to present the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) a deal to aid "foster regulatory collaboration and strengthen regulatory capacity throughout the Americas.
The Brazilian government and the Pan American Health Organization are very concerned about the 600,000 foreigners who are expected to travel to Brazil to watch the World Cup in June and July.
The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) says cholera treatment centers are being built to help handle the surge in cases.
University of California, Davis, Davis, California, USA; ([dagger]) Pan American Health Organization, Washington, DC, USA; and ([doubledagger]) World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
A Pan American Health Organization study of more than 10,000 pages of internal documents from Latin America's leading tobacco venders, British American Tobacco and Philip Morris, found that Big Tobacco is doing all it can to derail the anti-smoking drive, lobbying lawmakers to allow "light" and mild" labels on cigarette packages, hiring scientists to counter evidence of the effects of secondhand smoking, and pressuring, even bribing, elected officials not to vote for the treaty.
The industry undertook price cuts and exclusive prices, which will allow us to reach universal access to treatment in Latin America by the end of the year," declared Jorge Bermudez, an official with the Pan American Health Organization.
PAN AMERICAN HEALTH ORGANIZATION (Cecilia Breinbauer & Matilde Maddaleno, authors).