Summary: The Palestinian Islamic Jihad movement called Thursday for the formation of "a unified political authority" in Lebanon to protect the refugee camps from the threat of sectarian strife as a result of the two-year bloody conflict in Syria.
What does PIJ stand for?
PIJ stands for Palestinian Islamic Jihad
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PIJ
We have 16 other meanings of PIJ in our Acronym Attic
- Posterior Inferior Iliac Spine
- Parque Industrial Itabo, Sociedad Anónima (Spanish: Itabo Industrial Park Company)
- Presidential Initiative for Increasing Seat Belt Use Nationwide (US)
- Personal Innovativeness in Information Technology
- Polska Izba Informatyki i Telekomunikacji (Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications)
- Partial Interruption of Inferior Vena Cava
- Put It In Writing
- PCI ISA IDE Accelerator (Intel chipset)
- Melanesian/Pidgin (language)
- Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics and Culture (quarterly publication)
- Point Information Jeunesse (French: Youth Information Point)
- Points d'Information Jeunesse (French: Youth Information Office)
- Pride in the Job (home builders' award)
- Project Investment and Justification (Arizona)
- Proximal Interphalangeal Joint (veterinary science)
- Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council of Canada
- PE Insulated Jelly Filled (Cable)
- Penang Island Jazz Festival (Malaysia)
- Polyethylene Insulated Jelly Filled (electric cables)
- Pacific International Junior Hockey League (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Meanwhile, the head of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, accused by Israel of receiving arms which transit through Sudan, has met President Omar Bashir in Khartoum, official media reported.
February 3, 2013 (KHARTOUM) -- The Sudanese president Omer Hassan al-Bashir met at his residence in Khartoum with the leader of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) Ramadan Shalah.
US authorities also suspect the Iranian banks funded terrorist groups Hezbollah, Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
Hamas refrained from taking part in the recent escalation against the Gaza Strip, despite the fact that the other factions considered it to be a response to Israel carrying out the assassination of Secretary-General of the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) Zuhair Al-Qaisi, along with a commander of the Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) movement.
Khader Adnan, local leader of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, agreed Tuesday to stop the hunger strike he observed for the past 66 days to protest his detention in Israel.
The Islamic republic's number two Sheikh, secretary general of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and former Afghan premier and warlord are attending the meeting.
Bethlehem -- PNN -- Abu Ahmad, the spokesman for the Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) movement, has declared that Israel will be unable to end its 'war' in Gaza 'as it wishes'.