An official of Pakistan Meteorological Department (MET), said that the tremors were felt in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Peshawar, Para Chinar, Azad Kashmir, Chitral, Abbottbad, Mianwali, Shangla, Mardan, and other areas.
What does PMD stand for?
PMD stands for Pakistan Meteorological Department
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMD
We have 206 other meanings of PMD in our Acronym Attic
- Pacific Marine Credit Union (California)
- Power Makers Credit Union (St. Paul, MN)
- Power Management Controller Unit
- Permanent Marine Corps Uniform Board
- Peroneal Motor Conduction Velocity
- Polyvalent Melanoma Cell Vaccine
- Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (Australia)
- Path Management Control Word
- Postgraduate Medical Council of Western Australia
- Adobe PageMaker 7.0 document (file extension)
- Pale Morning Dun (Fly Fishing)
- Palmdale (Amtrak station code; Palmdale, CA)
- Palmdale, CA, USA - Air Force 42 (Airport Code)
- Parrish - Microphone Doctor (rap artist)
- Parrish Making Dollars (rap artist)
- Partial Match Domain (search engine optimization)
- Partially-Matched Detector
- Pays Moins Developpes (French: Less Developed Countries)
- Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease
Samples in periodicals archive:
ISLAMABAD -- Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) Monday predicted dry weather in most parts of the country during next 24 hours but cloudy weather is expected in some parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhawa (KP) and Gilgit Baltistan (GB).
Buildings were also damaged in Kharan district of the province, close to the earthquake's epicentre, but no casualties were reported, Pakistan Meteorological Department province.
The minister advised the Pakistan Meteorological Department to assist the government's efforts by providing effective flood forecasts this year.
The Pakistan Meteorological Department has recently installed the National Seismic Monitoring Network and Tsunami Warning Centre at the Meteorological Complex in Karachi, in a bid to give authorities ample warning in case of a tsunami.
The Pakistan meteorological department said two tremors had struck before dawn, the second one bigger than the first.
Pakistan Meteorological Department reported that continental air is currently prevailing over most parts of the country.
ISLAMABAD -- Pakistan Meteorological Department on Friday forecasts mainly dry weather in most parts of the country during next 24 hours.