BRACKNELL, England, November 19 /PRNewswire/ -- They may not realize it but hotel guests, office workers and cafe customers across the UK can - in a few seconds - join the fight against global warming, build a school or modern home for people or even save species like the Polymorphic Robber Frog or Painted Bunting Bird in communities thousands of miles away.
What does PABU stand for?
PABU stands for Painted Bunting (bird species)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of PABU in our Acronym Attic
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation
- Profiling A-Band Spectrometer/Visible Imager
- Private and Boarding Schools' Organisation Nepal
- parallel agent based social simulation
- Protection and Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security
- Primary Adhesively Bonded Structure
- Pilot Aptitude Battery Test
- Port Authority Bus Terminal (New York City, NY, USA)
- Predeposited Autologous Blood Transfusion
- Presumed Air Breathing Threat
- Pennsylvania Banner User Group
- Peak Aortic Blood Velocity (intensive care medicine)
- Percutaneous Aortic Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Private Activity Bond Volume Cap
- Philippine Association of Baptists for World Evangelism
- Preliminary Allocated Baseline Weight Estimate
- Private Access Branch Exchange (less common)
- Private Analogue Branch Exchange (less common)
- Private Area Branch Exchange
- Private Automatic Branch Exchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Prothonotary Warbler, Least Bittern, Roseate Spoonbill, Snowy Egret, Wood Stork and Painted Bunting are just some of the birds that draw wildlife connoisseurs.
Other migratory birds known to frequent traditional coffee farms include the ovenbird, wood thrush, Baltimore oriole, ruby-throated and buff-bellied hummingbirds, swallow-tailed kite, Kentucky warbler, hermit warbler, painted bunting, greater pewee, chuck-will's-widow and short-tailed hawk.
2002) found 37% of 30 Yellow-breasted Chat (Icteria virens), 36% of 14 Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris), and 24% of 17 Blue Grosbeak (P.
Only the painted bunting (Passerina ciris) exhibited increasing trends at both scales.
Ron, one of the group's keenest birders, proved to have an excellent memory for the complex wing-patterns and border-spots that distinguish look-alike butterflies, but couldn't resist straying off from time to time to search for the Painted Bunting known to be nesting in the vicinity.
In central and west Texas, the Indigo Bunting is largely replaced by the congeneric Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris).
Gone would be stately pines, gone the rabbits and deer that make their home in your neighbor's woods and pastures, gone the bluebirds and painted buntings, the pileated woodpeckers and flickers.