PADDINGTON Bear is swapping darkest Peru for the bright lights of Hollywood after plans were announced to bring the character to the big screen.
What does PB stand for?
PB stands for Paddington Bear (children's storybook character)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PB
We have 83 other meanings of PB in our Acronym Attic
- Protective Action Zone
- Press Association of Zambia
- Planning and Zoning Commission (Irving, Texas)
- Podlaska Agencja Zarzadzania Energia (Polish: Podlaska Agency for Energy Management)
- Program Aktywizacji Zawodowej Kobiet (Polish: Activation of Women)
- Pomurska Akademsko Znanstvena Unija (Slovenian: Malta Academic Scientific Union; Murska Sobota, Slovenia)
- Pacific Beach (California)
- Pacific Beach (San Diego, California)
- Packard Bell
- Packet Bus
Samples in periodicals archive:
London, May 11 ( ANI ): Classic children's character Paddington Bear will be updated for the big screen by the producer behind the renowned Harry Potter films, it has been announced.
THE news that Paddington Bear has been voted the best animated character of all time should be greeted with delight by all right thinking people.
uk PADDINGTON Bear will be making an appearance at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cardiff to have breakfast with children.
PADDINGTON Bear is tucking into marmalade sandwiches again after losing his short-lived taste for Marmite.
On a lighter note, former Birmingham student Chris Tarrant revealed a deepseated hatred of kids' favourite Paddington Bear.
Usually, there's a pointlessness about messing with a design classic, but here it works, uncoupling the poor old duffel from all its naffer connotations - be they playgrounds, Paddington Bear or preferring Acker to Elvis - but retaining its warming practicality, making a coat associated with people getting it wrong look all right.
As we barrel toward October, suffering debilitating lust for a Paddington Bear coat we saw in the window of Searle and speaking of bears, just asking: Would we be in this mess if it was called Lehman Sisters?