This is because they can be deployed using packet switched networks, which offer significant gains in bandwidth efficiency and require lower capital expenditure.
What does PNS stand for?
PNS stands for Packet Switched Network
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PNS
We have 181 other meanings of PNS in our Acronym Attic
- Pacific Northwest Renaissance Society
- Preliminary Natural Resource Survey
- Project Notification and Review System
- Prunus Necrotic Ringspot Virus
- Philadelphia Neighborhood Recovery Tour (Philadelphia, PA)
- Primitive Nth Root of Unity
- Programme National de Rénovation Urbaine (French: National Urban Renewal Program)
- Pacific News Service
- Pacific Northwest Snowfighters (various locations)
- Pacific Nuclear Services
- Pakistan Naval Ship
- Parabolized Navier Stokes
- Parenteral Nutrition Solution
- Pay n Spray (gaming, Grand Theft Auto)
- Pediatric Nurse Specialist
- Pegawai Negeri Sipil (Indonesian: civil servant)
- Pensacola, FL, USA (Airport Code)
- People's Navy Ship (Honor Harrington science fiction novels)
- Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (Malaysia)
- Perfect North Slopes
Samples in periodicals archive:
CTSX offers an easy migration from the traditional circuit switched network to the next generation packet switched network based on IP (Internet Protocol).
It arms the packet switched network with great flexibility and potential in view of the fast deployment and combined marketing of value-added services, which is presently beyond the PSTN's capability.
With this approach, wireless service providers can continue to support their existing customer base, provide new revenue streams and services with application awareness such as Voice over IP (VoIP), real-time video connectivity, and online gaming, while converging on an IP/MPLS packet switched network.
Designed specifically to deliver voice, video and data over a converged packet switched network, the CN 4350 enables Ciena's customers to broaden their services portfolio without increasing operating expenses and to improve services margins without complicating the network.
Sandburst's HIBEAM chipset architecture is an ideal solution for OEM's seeking to meet the demands of network architects building the next generation of packet switched networks.
With simultaneous support for VoIP and VoATM, the G6 provides a realistic migration path from circuit to packet switched networks.
The Company's network, called the PowerPath(R) Network, is a Cisco Powered packet switched network utilizing softswitch technology by Telcordia Technologies.