The Packet Identifier (PID), defined by the DVB consortium, reserves space for QoS parameters.
What does PID stand for?
PID stands for Packet Identifier
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PID
We have 246 other meanings of PID in our Acronym Attic
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Advanced Practice Nurses
- Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (Europe)
- Pilot-in-Command Under Supervision (pilot education)
- Pigeon Circovirus
- pressure independent control valve
- Percutaneous in Situ Coronary Venous Arterialization
- Plasma Impulse Chemical Vapour Deposition
- Pacific Inter-Club Yacht Association
- Perth Inner City Youth Service
- Nassau, Bahamas - Paradise Island (Airport Code)
- Paradise In Distress (Golden Earring album)
- Parameter Identification
- Parcel Identification (property registration)
- Parent Identification
- Partial Initial Decision
- Particle Identification (Nuclear and Particle Physics)
- Partido Institucional Democratico (México, politcal party)
- Passenger Information Display (software; transportation industry)
- Passive Infrared Detector
- Password Identifier
Samples in periodicals archive:
Each virtual circuit is designated by specific DLCI, or packet identifier, that directs traffic through the public infrastructure instead of a single, dedicated line.
The Video Decode/Display function allows users to view thumbnails of all videos within the MPEG transport stream, along with an assortment of essential, user-definable parameters such as Packet Identifier (PID) number and rate.