Our centrifugally based hematology technology, which we called the Quantitative Bully Coat Analysis, later shortened to QBC, works by expanding the buff), coat, a thin buff-colored layer of cells and platelets that come to rest on top of the packed red blood cells when blood is centrifuged, as in a spun hematocrit.
What does PRBC stand for?
PRBC stands for Packed Red Blood Cells
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRBC
We have 33 other meanings of PRBC in our Acronym Attic
- Program for Research on Black Americans (University of Michigan Institute for Social Research)
- Pseudo Random Binary Array
- Puerto Rican Bar Association
- Puerto Rico Bankers Association
- Pembina River Basin Advisory Board (Manitoba, Canada)
- Partition Rule-Based Access Control
- Parc de Recerca Biomèdica de Barcelona (Spanish: Barcelona Biomedical Research Park)
- Parks, Recreation and Beautification Board (various locations)
- Peace River Basin Board (Florida)
- Peribulbar and Retrobulbar Block (anesthesiology)
- Park Road Baptist Church (UK)
- Pay Rent, Build Credit
- Payment Reporting Builds Credit (credit bureau; Kennesaw, GA)
- Pressure Ratio Bleed Controller
- Providence Reformed Baptist Church (various locations)
- Purified Human Red Blood Cell
- Packed Red Blood Cells per Month
- Progressive Ragdoll Breed Cat Club (UK)
- Pittsburgh Regional Business Coalition for Homeland Security (Pennsylvania)
- Packed Red Blood Cell Transfusions
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 Laboratory filter to filter antyleukocytarny packed red blood cells (KKCz) - 9,000 pcs Package No.
The Central Blood Bank processes blood into various components, including packed red blood cells that last up to 45 days, platelets, which last for five days and are mainly used for leukaemia and hematological malignancy patients, fresh frozen plasma and cryoprecipitate.
The end result will leave you with packed red blood cells (most dense), PRP (middle layer also called "buffy coat"), and platelet-poor plasma (least dense).
She had been receiving haematinics and in view of an impending labour, it was decided by the obstetricians to transfuse packed red blood cells to increase her oxygen carrying capacity.
At an outside hospital, he received 2 units of packed red blood cells for his anemia, and a computed tomography (CT) scan of his abdomen and pelvis revealed an enormous right renal mass with multiple vascular and adipose-laden areas characteristic of an angiomyolipoma (AML) (Fig.
a transfusion of packed red blood cells was ordered to be given over the course of 30 minutes.
still receive at least one unit of packed red blood cells.