Small and remote island states face many challenges when exporting to the world, and the 14 small island nations that are members of the Pacific Islands Forum are among the most challenging business environments in the world.
What does PIF stand for?
PIF stands for Pacific Islands Forum
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PIF
We have 197 other meanings of PIF in our Acronym Attic
- Procurement & Inventory of Equipment System
- Product Information Exchange Standard
- Project Independence Evaluation System
- Parasite-Induced Erythrocyte Surface Antigen
- Pacific Islands Energy for Sustainable Development
- Partners for International Education and Training
- Pune Institute of Engineering and Technology (Pune, Maharashtra, India)
- Public Infrastructure Engineering Vulnerability Committee (climate change assessment; Canada)
- Pie Menu Window Manager
- Packet Input FIFO (Cisco)
- Paid In Full
- Participant Information Form
- Partners in Flight (bird conservation)
- Partners International Foundation (various locations)
- Partnership Investment Finance (UK)
- Passenger Immigration Form (travel)
- Passenger Information Form (various companies)
- Pay Information File
- Pay It Forward (movie)
Samples in periodicals archive:
US President Barack Obama personally ensured a top-level delegation attended this year's Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) to demonstrate Washington's commitment to the region, according to.
The 16-nation Pacific Islands Forum, thanked UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon leader said he had seen the effect of global warming first-hand during a visit to Kiribati and it had reinforced his belief that climate change was a reality.
Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) members are calling for tighter controls on fishing at the 6th Regular Session of the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC) meeting which opened on December 8th, 2009.
The Fiji coup of 2006 has dominated the last three annual summits of the 16-member Pacific Islands Forum and Voreqe Bainimarama s military regime was suspended from the grouping in January for breaking promises to hold elections early this year.
25 Kyodo A special meeting of the Pacific Islands Forum will go forward Tuesday to discuss the possible suspension of Fiji from the group, media reports said Sunday.
Formally opening the summit, which has been preceded by extensive bilateral meetings, Key said the Pacific Islands Forum was the key to unlocking the Pacific's "unrealised potential".
A top State Department official was to lead the largest US delegation ever to attend the annual Pacific Islands Forum (PIF), held this week in Auckland, New Zealand and US departments of state, commerce and defense -- were due to attend the forum from September 8-10.