Hikers posting comments on the Pacific Crest Trail Association website confirmed there's plenty of snow that makes for heavy going and some possibility of losing direction.
What does PCTA stand for?
PCTA stands for Pacific Crest Trail Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PCTA
We have 33 other meanings of PCTA in our Acronym Attic
- Project Core Team (various organizations)
- Projected Capacitive Technology (touch screen)
- Projected Capacitive Touchscreen (touchscreen technology)
- Propulsion Component Technology
- Protected Communications Transport (Microsoft)
- Protected Content Type
- Proximal Convoluted Tubule(s)
- Psychoanalysis and Contemporary Thought (journal)
- Pump, Cooling Tower
- Save Percentage (hockey)
- Pakistan Commodity Traders Association
- Parent Community Training Academy (Illinois)
- Patrón de Conducta Tipo A
- Pegasus Court Tenants Association
- Pennsylvania Cable & Telecommunications Association
- Peoria Classroom Teachers Association
- Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty (less common; see PTCA)
- Perkutánní Transluminální Koronární Angioplastika (Czech: Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty)
- Philippine Cable Television Association Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, which is a partner with the Forest Service for the administration and maintenance of the trail running from Canada to Mexico, is concerned that the highway route will be safe for both hikers and equestrians with pack stock, a member said.
This reroute of PCT will allow public access and a much improved user experience in this wonderful region of California," said Liz Bergeron, executive director of the Pacific Crest Trail Association.
Mayeda previously worked as an administrative assistant for the Pacific Crest Trail Association and the McKesson/HBOC Group in Sacramento.
Nearly 300 miles of the trail remain located along simple right-of-way easements, across public land and along public highways, according to the Pacific Crest Trail Association, a 3,300-member nonprofit group that maintains the trail.
About 350 people applied for permits to hike the entire trail this summer, according to the Pacific Crest Trail Association, which oversees and maintains the pathways.
``It seems like to get anything through Washington takes years if you're lucky and decades if you're not,'' McKeon told representatives from the Forest Service, Los Angeles County Parks Department, Agua Dulce Town Council and Pacific Crest Trail Association.
``I hope this can be wrapped up in a couple of years,'' said Bob Ballou, executive director of the Pacific Crest Trail Association.