Having gained relatively unfettered access to the NHL's previously unexamined archives for the interwar period, Wong concentrates on the development of hockey as a business, outlining the transition from fraternal, albeit commercialized organizations committed to elite amateur competition, to the closed corporations that organizations such as the National Hockey Association (NHA), the Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PSHA), and the NHL eventually became.
What does PCHA stand for?
PCHA stands for Pacific Coast Hockey Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PCHA
We have 19 other meanings of PCHA in our Acronym Attic
- Preferred Corporate Housing (Houston, TX)
- Press Camp Headquarters
- Pressure Control Head
- Prestige Car Hire (UK)
- Prevention and Community Health (various locations)
- Program Critical Hardware (US NASA)
- Publishers Clearing House
- Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana (India)
- Purchase Community House (Purchase, New York)
- Packing, Crating, Handling, & Transportation
- Pacific Collegiate Hockey Association
- Pictou County Health Authority (New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Pierce County Housing Authority (est. 1980; Tacoma, WA)
- Plymouth Commons Homeowners Association (Michigan)
- Pocatello Christian Homeschool Association
- Presidential Commission on Holocaust Assets in the US
- Puglia Custom Homes & Additions (Plymouth, MA)
- Primary Culture of Human Amniotic Membrane Cells
- Pomona Community Health Action Team (California)
- Pollution Control Hearings Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cal State Northridge's club hockey team, which went 18-1 and was looking to win a national club title, forfeited eight wins for using an ineligible player and was forced out of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association and American Conference Hockey Association Division III national playoffs.
This has been a breakthrough season for the Matadors, who won just two games last season but finished first in their conference, the Pacific Coast Hockey Association, and will play host to the PCHA playoffs Feb.
The Pacific Coast Hockey Association season runs through early April.