Pacemaker-mediated tachycardia is a form of reentrant tachycardia that can occur in patients who have a dual-chamber pacemaker.
What does PMT stand for?
PMT stands for Pacemaker-Mediated Tachycardia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMT
We have 200 other meanings of PMT in our Acronym Attic
- Project Management Support Team
- Palomar/Michigan State University (astronomy)
- Policy Maker Software Update (trademark of AutoProf)
- Project Management Support Unit (various organizations)
- Passy-Muir Speaking Valve
- Perceived Message Sensation Value (drug abuse)
- Pilot-To-Metro Service
- Program Manager, Signals Warfare (Army)
- Pediatric Metabolic Syndrome Working Group (US NIH)
- Medical Photography Technician (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, she had ongoing episodes of palpitations which were attributed to paroxysmal atrial tachycardia/atrial fibrillation with atrioventricular conduction, rather than pacemaker-mediated tachycardia.
Automatic Pacemaker-Mediated Tachycardia (PMT) Termination -- With this feature, the Trilogy DR+(TM) differentiates between a cardiac impulse generated by the patient's own heart and one caused by a pacing impulse that has inappropriately traveled through the heart in a hidden pathway and been mistaken for a natural heartbeat.