Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys," quipped PJ O'Rourke.
What does PJO~R stand for?
PJO~R stands for PJ O'Rourke (humorist)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Patrick J. Noonan Consulting, Inc. (Colorado and North Carolina)
- Peace and Justice Network (Triad, NC)
- Poder Judicial de La Nación (Argentina, national judicial power)
- Polish Jazz Network (est. 2000)
- Project Join Normal Form
- Private Japan News Network
- Pacific Journal of Optimization (Pacific Optimization Research Activity Group)
- Pavia Jazz Orchestra (Uruguay)
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Rick Riordan book series)
- Politieke Jongeren Organisaties (Dutch: Political Youth Organizations)
- Pennsylvania Juvenile Officers Association
- Prison and Jail Overcrowding Commission (Connecticut)
- Phone Jack of Death (gaming)
- Polish Journal of Environmental Studies
- Pacific Journal of Mathematics (also seen as PJM)
- Paired Joint Ordinal Scale
- Paddock Johnson Partnership (UK)
- Papa John's Pizza
- Parlement Jeunesse Pancanadien (French: Pan-Canadian Youth Parliament)
- Partial Joint Penetration (welding)
Samples in periodicals archive:
BIRTHDAYS: PJ O'Rourke, writer, 64; The Prince of Wales, 63; Bernard Hinault, cyclist - five-time winner of the Tour de France, 57; Letitia Dean, actress (pictured), 44; Adam Gilchrist, cricketer, 40.
The phrase 'bankrupt General Motors,' which we expect to hear uttered on Monay, leaves Americans my age in economic shock," the writer PJ O'Rourke said in the Wall Street Journal.
Published in hardback as part of Atlantic Books' The Books That Shook the World series, this take on Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations by the American humourist PJ O'Rourke made it into the New York Times bestseller list last year.
It goes to PJ O'Rourke, who said: "The French are sawed-off cissies who eat snails and slugs and cheese that smells like people's feet.
PJ O'Rourke has commented, "The Capitol Steps are what Washington would be if everyone were smarter and could sing.
Byline: Michael Wood POLITICAL SATIRE Peace Kills by PJ O'Rourke (Picador paperback, pounds 7.
The fiscal value and active management of knowledge that comes with VC has only really entered the business lexicon relatively recently but, as the American commentator PJ O'Rourke so succinctly put it, "age and experience beats youth and a bad haircut" (please, no comments about my hair