Byline: MIRROR REPORTER STAR Brian Kennedy gives three-year-old Holly Moore something to sing about after a charity announced the acquisition of 18 Oxygen Saturation Monitors for a cardiac ward.
What does SaO2 stand for?
SaO2 stands for Oxygen Saturation (hemoglobin)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SaO2
We have 7 other meanings of SaO2 in our Acronym Attic
- Substance Abuse Officer
- Summary Alarm Outputs (Ciena)
- Support Air Observation
- Survivor's Assistance Officer
- Sword Art Online (Japanese light novel series)
- System Acquisition Officer
- System Analysis Office
- Systematic Analysis of Operations
- SF Acid Output to Basal Acid Output Ratio
- Splanchnic Arterial Occlusion and Reperfusion
- Saturación Arterial de Oxígeno (Spanish: Arterial Oxygen Saturation)
- Saturation of Oxygen (arterial blood)
- South African Optometric Association
- South African Orthopaedic Association
- South Australian Ornithological Association (bird enthusiasts' association)
- Southeastern Athletic Officials Association (North Carolina)
- Sporadic Adult Onset Ataxia
- State Agency on Aging (New Mexico)
- Sub-Area Originating Authority
- Sperm-Associated Oocyte Activating Factor
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because the patient's oxygen saturation failed to improve during sleep and at times dropped to well below 90%, a cardiology examination was performed, and a cardiac defect was ruled out.
Phyllis Phillips had suffered a series of drastic falls in her oxygen saturation levels in the two nights before she was discharged.
Monitoring oxygen saturation by pulse oximetry (Sp[O.
Initial vital signs were as follows: pulse rate, 92 beats per minute; blood pressure (BP), 147/88 mm Hg; respiratory rate, 28 breaths per minute; oxygen saturation, 100% with room air; oral temperature, 98.
KMSA) introduces the Oxygen Saturation Monitor PULSOX-300 and PULSOX- 300i, compact, lightweight wristwatch-style pulse oximeters that can non- invasively measure the amount of oxygen in arterial blood (SpO2 -- arterial blood oxygen saturation level) and pulse rate continuously, making it ideal for home therapy.
We found that one patient in a prone restraint became lethargic after a 20-mg ziprasidone injection, and his oxygen saturation dropped from a baseline of 98% to 89%.
In a person at sea level, the arterial oxygen partial pressure is 90-95 mmHg; oxygen saturation is 97%.