Coonawarra is best known for cab sauv, producing some of Australia's finest according to the Oxford Companion to Wine, so at PS8 a bottle this wee number was certainly worth a try.
What does OCW stand for?
OCW stands for Oxford Companion to Wine (book)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OCW
We have 40 other meanings of OCW in our Acronym Attic
- Online Certification Verification System (New York State Education Department)
- Ocean County Vocational Technical School (Ocean County, New Jersey)
- Ocean View (room, hotels and cruise ships)
- Onderwijs, Cultuur en Wetenschap (Dutch: Education, Culture and Science; Netherlands)
- Open Course Ware
- Optimal Charge Weight (weapons)
- Optional Computation Window
- Our Common Welfare (Mesa, AZ; drug therapy and rehabilitation)
- Out Caching With (geocaching)
- Overseas Contract Worker
- Operational Control Word 1
- Octopus Mountain, Washington
- Ohio Championship Wrestling Association
- Oklahoma CattleWomen's Association, Inc.
- Oldmans Creek Watershed Association
- Onondaga County Water Authority
- Ontario Clean Water Agency
- Ontario County Wiffle Association (Farmington, NY)
- Operations Center Work Area
- Orange County Water Authority (New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
com, writes for The Financial Times, is editor of The Oxford Companion to Wine and co-author of The World Atlas of Wine and the groundbreaking work of viticultural research, Wine Grapes.
He contributes to the Oxford Companion to Wine, ICONS (SA), The Global Wine Encyclopedia, and John Platter (SA).
Frost is the author of several books and a contributor to publications such as the Oxford Companion to Wine (Oxford Univesity Press, 2006) and The World Atlas of Wine (Mitchell Beazley, 2007), by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson.
To become familiar with the great years and with newly released vintages, Mack suggests starting with the Oxford Companion to Wine, The New Sotheby's Wine Encyclopedia and Windows on the World Complete Wine Course.
A new edition of the fantastic Oxford Companion to Wine, edited by Jancis Robinson, is rumoured to be on the way too, but the present volume at around pounds 40 would still make a very handsome gift indeed.
A prolific writer and broadcaster, she produced and hosted the 10-part television series Jancis Robinson's Wine Course, which has aired on both PBS and the BBC, and edited the opus Oxford Companion to Wine.
She is editor of the Oxford Companion to Wine and has presented a number of TV programmes including Channel 4's The Wine Programme and Vintner's Tales for the BBC.