Roche today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new use of Avastin (bevacizumab) in combination with fluoropyrimidine-based irinotecan or oxaliplatin chemotherapy for people with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).
What does OXR stand for?
OXR stands for Oxaliplatin (chemotherapy drug)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OXR
- Oolite Expansion Pack (gaming)
- Open Expose (German online photo album)
- Open Extensibility Platform (Hewlett-Packard)
- Other Xperience (band)
- Oxford Paper Company
- Oxidative Phosphorylation (metabolic pathway)
- Open XML (Extenisble Markup Language) Paper Specification (computer document format)
- Offices of Air Force, Army, and Navy Research
- Official Exchange Rate (currency)
- Owens Cross Roads (Owens Cross Roads, Alabama)
- Oxiana Limited (stock symbol)
- Oxnard / Ventura, CA, USA - Oxnard Airport (Airport Code)
- oxidatively damaged red blood cells
- Oxford Review of Economic Policy
- Orbiting X-Ray Observatory
- Objective X-Ray Crystal Spectrometer
- Open Xchange Server (Novell)
- OPRO X Server
- Oxygen Sensor
- Old Xaverians Soccer Club (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Large Prospective Study Validates Use of the Oncotype DX test in Stage II and Stage III Colon Cancer and Identifies Genes that May Indicate Effectiveness of Oxaliplatin Results from Europe and Mexico-Based Studies Reconfirm the Impact of the Oncotype DX test on Guiding Treatment Decisions in Invasive Breast Cancer Patients REDWOOD CITY, Calif.
REDWOOD CITY, California and VIENNA, Austria, September 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Large Prospective Study Validates Use of the Oncotype DX test in Stage II and Stage III Colon Cancer and Identifies Genes that May Indicate Effectiveness of Oxaliplatin Results from Europe and Mexico-Based Studies Reconfirm the Impact of the Oncotype DX test on Guiding Treatment Decisions in Invasive Breast Cancer Patients Genomic Health, Inc.
Byline: ANI Washington, December 31 (ANI): Scientists at a leading European medical university have found out why chemotherapy using cisplatin often lead to hearing problems, but a treatment with oxaliplatin rarely does, despite both drugs being platinum compounds.
In this adjuvant trial, bolus 5-FU/folinic acid given as a weekly schedule according to the Roswell Park regime was compared to bolus 5-FU/leucovorin and oxaliplatin (FLOX regimen).
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Researchers with the North Central Cancer Treatment Group administered intravenous calcium and magnesium before and after treatment with the chemotherapeutic drug oxaliplatin to 50 of 102 patients with advanced colon cancer.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Adding oxaliplatin to a standard, two-drug chemotherapy regimen led to a 30% improvement in median survival among patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, according to early results from an Italian study.
Oxaliplatin (see Scheme 1 in the Data Supplement that accompanies the online version of this article at http://www.