Normally, presidents look weak during periods of economic stagnation, overwhelmed by events.
What does OBE stand for?
OBE stands for Overwhelmed by Events
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OBE
We have 73 other meanings of OBE in our Acronym Attic
- Our Best Estimate
- Out before Easter
- Out of Body Experience
- Out-Board Electronics
- Outboard Booster Engine
- Outcome-Based Education
- Over Bloody Eighty (gifts)
- Overall Boat Effectiveness
- Overcome By Events
- Overtaken By Events
- Object-Based Evolutionary Algorithm
- Office Belge de l'Economie et de l'Agriculture (French)
- Ohio Board of Examiners of Architects
- Oklahoma Broadcast Education Association
- Oklahoma Business Education Association
- Ontario Business Educators' Association
- Office of the Basic Education Commission (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Ohio Bicycle Events Calendar
- Ohio Boating Education Course (Ohio Department of Natural Resources)
- Oklahoma Business and Education Coalition (Midwest City, OK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
She told her parents only on the day of her 18th birthday after becoming overwhelmed by events.
But they have simply been overwhelmed by events at a national level.
Byline: Jane Gallagher A DAILY diet of death and disaster, which fills newspapers, radio and television news broadcasts can end up leaving many of us overwhelmed by events.
It is not an event which any Chancellor will deliberately engineer unless he is on the brink of being overwhelmed by events, his own incompetence or a combination of the two.
The brilliant stained glass piece by Lea Koesterer (see story Page 12) seems a fitting symbol of the hope in a Christmas season overwhelmed by events that threaten to drain all hope.
But the conclusion drawn wasn't simply that some Canadian ERs could be overwhelmed by events like the flu epidemic.
NATO'S initial policy that displaced Kosovars should stay near their homes has been overwhelmed by events.