The Food and Drug Administration is recalling injectable heparin products and heparin flush solutions that may be contaminated with oversulfated chondroitin sulfate (OSCS).
What does OSCS stand for?
OSCS stands for Oversulfated Chondroitin Sulfate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OSCS
We have 21 other meanings of OSCS in our Acronym Attic
- On Site Calibration Services (UK)
- One Stop Capital Shop
- One Stop Clone Shop (Star Wars)
- One Stop Computer Shop (Lee's Summit, MO)
- Open Sky Creative Society (Canada)
- Open Source Corporate Strategy
- Optical Site Computer System
- Orange County Social Club (Carrboro, North Carolina)
- Ordnance Service Command Shop
- Osteopathia Striata with Cranial Sclerosis
- Senior Chief Operations Specialist (US Navy)
- Organic Shipboard Combat System Training
- Ovarian Sex Cord-Stromal Tumor
- Ocean State Charities Trust (Rhode Island)
- Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism (UK government)
- Office of Service Contracts and Tariffs (US Federal Maritime Commission)
- On-Sites and Customised Course Training (Oxford Princeton Programme, Inc.; UK)
- Open Source Core Team (IBM)
- Osun State College of Technology (Nigeria)
- Operations Support and Coordination Unit (National Parks and Wildlife Service; Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Limited lots of Atrium heparin-coated Hydraglide Thoracic Catheters were manufactured with heparin found to have been contaminated with oversulfated chondroitin sulfate (OSCS).
The contaminant in batches of heparin that were linked to 19 deaths and several hundred serious health problems in the United States is a chemical compound known as oversulfated chondroitin sulfate, the Food and Drug Administration announced.