Ahead of January's Asian Cup in Qatar, India coach Bob Houghton had met with British-born Michael Chopra of Newcastle, Sunderland and Cardiff City fame to try and get the 27-year-old in his team on the grounds that he held a valid Overseas Indian Citizen Card.
What does OIC stand for?
OIC stands for Overseas Indian Citizen
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OIC
We have 169 other meanings of OIC in our Acronym Attic
- Orkney Islands Council
- Orlando Immunology Center (Florida)
- Osaka Ibaraki Campus (Ritsumeikan University; Japan)
- Oslo International Church (Oslo, Norway)
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta Congenita
- Other Industrialized Countries
- Other Insurance Carrier (insurance)
- Ottawa Interministerial Council (Canada)
- Overcomers in Christ (ministry)
- Overissue Crew
- Overseas Instruction in Counseling
- Oral Interpreting Certificate: Comprehensive
- Oral Interpreting Certificate: Spoken to Visible
- Oral Interpreting Certificate: Visible to Spoken
- Office of Initiatives for Culture and the Arts (Philippines)
- Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Opportunities Industrialization Center of America (various locations)
- Oregon Independent Colleges Association (Portland, OR)
- Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (French: International organization of Motor Vehicle Maunufacturers)
- Ontario Interdisciplinary Council for Aging and Health (Canada; Council of Ontario Universities; quality of life support)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the first time, overseas Indian citizens of Assam can also enroll themselves as voters and will be able to vote.
Overseas Indian workers duped by unscrupulous intermediaries in the host countries, runaway housemaids, accident victims, deserted spouses of overseas Indians or undocumented overseas Indian workers in need of emergency assistance or any other overseas Indian citizens who are in distress would be the main beneficiaries of the fund.