On Sunday mornings during the spring and fall, Jones plays for the Harvard club, a rival of Framingham United in the New England Over-The-Hill Soccer League's Veterans South Division.
What does OTH stand for?
OTH stands for Over-the-Hill
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OTH
We have 8 other meanings of OTH in our Acronym Attic
- Oil Tight Hatch (cover)
- On the House
- One Tree Hill (band and TV show)
- One Tree Hill (Private) Limited (Lahore, Pakistan)
- Opportunity To Hear
- Optical Transport Hierarchy
- Other (on overtime forms)
- Other Routes of Administration (drugs)
- Other Than Honorable (characterization of US military discharge)
- Over the Hedge (film)
- Over-The-Horizon (usually radar)
- Four-Mode Omissive/Transmissive Hybrid (fault model)
- Five-Mode Omissive/Transmissive Hybrid (fault model)
- Over-The-Horizon Backscatter (radar)
- Over-The-Horizon Forward Scatter
- Over-The-Horizon Radar
- Over-The-Horizon Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat
- Over-The-Horizon Targeting
- Old Town Hall Association
- Over the Hills and Far Away (Led Zeppelin song)
Samples in periodicals archive:
DIEGO MARADONA was written off as "an over-the-hill gunfighter" as Germany revelled in their World Cup demolition of Argentina.
10pm Bill Murray stars in Sofia Coppola's Oscar-winning film as over-the-hill actor Bob Harris, who is lured to Tokyo to act in a whisky commercial in return for big money.
We can't even afford an over-the-hill 35-year-old Portsmouth reject.
Dorfman played sports seriously before starting to dance and now looks rather like an over-the-hill shortstop.
All you get is an over-the-hill soccer player who has a loyal and adoring following of young women.
South Africa is also doing well with the price of gold, so well as to afford to pay an over-the-hill Brazilian football coach $130,000 per month to coach the South African team for the next World Cup.
Hiding under the 'anonymity for commercial sensitivity' label his staff have wined and dined a plethora of corpulent businessmen, over-the-hill sportsmen, showbiz luvvies and millionaires on worldwide freebie tours paid for with our money, at a time when patients are denied life-saving drugs and have to pay for parking at hospitals, our jobs are being taken by Poles and Portuguese, affordable housing is at a premium, our pensioners are struggling to pay for rising fuel costs, schools and post offices are closing and our loyal supporters are heading for the hills.