This business has successfully delivered dozens of programs to State and Federal Government organisations and commercial customers since the original contract with the Department of Defence to develop the Jindalee Over-the-Horizon Radar Network (JORN), which remains one of Australia s largest indigenous technology national security projects.
What does OTHR stand for?
OTHR stands for Over-The-Horizon Radar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of OTHR in our Acronym Attic
- Other Standardized Tests
- Other Unstandardized Attitude Measures
- Other Unstandardized Tests
- Over the Horizon Forces
- Over The Hill Gang
- Over the Hill Gang, International
- Office Technology Health Information (Central Texas College)
- Ontrack Home Inspections (San Jose, CA)
- Organisation for Tourism and Hospitality Management (UK)
- Oriens Travel & Hotel Management Corp. (Las Vegas, NV)
- Omaha Tribal Historical Research Project, Inc. (Rosalie, NE)
- O'Fallon Township High School (O'Fallon, Illinois)
- Oakland Technical High School (Oakland, CA)
- Oakville Trafalgar High School (Oakville, Ontario, Canada)
- Office of Traffic and Highway Safety (Idaho)
- Olde Thyme Herb Society (Michigan)
- Olde Towne Hobby Shoppe (Manassas, VA)
- Osgoode Township Historical Society and Museum (Canada; also seen as OTHS&M)
- Osgoode Township Historical Society and Museum (Canada; also seen as OTHS)
- Orphan Train Heritage Society of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Aqua Marine provides detection of over-the-horizon radars, instantaneous 360[degrees] direction finding, automatic emitter identification, library generation and editing, fast threat warning and a host of other features.
RLM's primary focus is the ongoing maintenance, support and enhancement of the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN), a wide-area surveillance over-the-horizon radar network which provides the means to detect ships and aircraft up to 3000km from the Australian coast.
It has no radar command and control aircraft, satellite surveillance, or over-the-horizon radar, which limits its ability to monitor Canadian territory.
employs Relocatable Over-the-Horizon Radar (ROTHR) systems in Texas, Virginia, and Puerto Rico to provide wide-area detection and surveillance of air targets throughout the region.
Both types of awareness can be achieved by various means, including space-based national sensors, maritime patrol aircraft (MPA), unmanned aerial vehicles, shore-based over-the-horizon radars, all-source intelligence, data links between netted forces, and shipboard sensors such as air- and surface-search radars and passive electronic surveillance systems.
On a smaller scale, the Wisconsin and Michigan-based PAVE PAWS, the largest over-the-horizon radars in the U.
Because of the black budget status of the Stealth technology, Pentagon officials can neither sing its praises nor openly deny published reports that the Stealth bomber already is outdated because its heralded radar-evading ability has been outstripped by advances in over-the-horizon radar technology.