Work will included installing digital over-the-horizon microwave communications systems which will connect offshore oil platforms to shore-based stations for three different major international oil companies and supplying modems to an international military customer for evaluation for integration into its system.
What does OTH stand for?
OTH stands for Over-The-Horizon (usually radar)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OTH
We have 8 other meanings of OTH in our Acronym Attic
- On the House
- One Tree Hill (band and TV show)
- One Tree Hill (Private) Limited (Lahore, Pakistan)
- Opportunity To Hear
- Optical Transport Hierarchy
- Other (on overtime forms)
- Other Routes of Administration (drugs)
- Other Than Honorable (characterization of US military discharge)
- Over the Hedge (film)
- Four-Mode Omissive/Transmissive Hybrid (fault model)
- Five-Mode Omissive/Transmissive Hybrid (fault model)
- Over-The-Horizon Backscatter (radar)
- Over-The-Horizon Forward Scatter
- Over-The-Horizon Radar
- Over-The-Horizon Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat
- Over-The-Horizon Targeting
- Old Town Hall Association
- Over the Hills and Far Away (Led Zeppelin song)
- Over The Horizon Backscatter
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many abhor the over-the-horizon sprawl that spreads across the Kanto plain and its often drab "Legoland"-style residential architecture.
The actual over-the-horizon test was performed as part of a series of tests conducted with a military/government organization.
The squadron assumed the missions of antisubmarine warfare; over-the-horizon targeting; mine countermeasures; search and rescue; naval gunfire spotting; and reconnaissance and logistics.
According to a Joint Services Planning Document issued by the Air Force and Office of Naval Research, HAARP's uses include: "providing communication to deeply submerged submarines," "geophysical probing," "control[ling] the properties of radio waves," and "generat[ing] mirrors which can be exploited for long-range, over-the-horizon surveillance purposes, including the detection of cruise missiles.
Lookingglass Cyber Solutions, a cyber security company whose revolutionary appliance-based platform delivers global visibility for Over-The-Horizon Cyber Threat Suppression, has named Scott Schneider the company's Vice President of Sales.
Troposcatter, or over-the-horizon communications, is the ability to transmit radio waves over the curvature of the Earth by bouncing signals off irregularities (small changes in humidity, temperature and pressure) in the troposphere approximately 10 Km above the Earth's surface.
The purpose of this system is to provide wide-band, over-the-horizon data communications between a missile firing ship and several land-based stations located at the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF), and the continental United States during future planned tests of the Aegis Leap Intercept (ALI) missile.