The industry was seeking to preempt local authority under the FCC's Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule.
What does OTARD stand for?
OTARD stands for Over-The-Air Reception Device
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 1 other meaning of OTARD in our Acronym Attic
- Over The Air Provisioning (PCS)
- Over-the-Air Parameter Administration
- Office of Training and Program Support (Peace Corps; now Center for Field Assistance and Applied Research)
- Office of Transportation and Air Quality (US EPA)
- Office of Troubled Agency Recovery (HUD)
- Operational Tasks Analysis Report
- Over The Air Receive
- Over-The-Air Rekey/ing
- Over-the-Air Reprogramming (radio)
- Overseas Tariffs and Regulations
- Observational Teamwork Assessment for Surgery
- Observers Target Acquisition System
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Student
- Optical Telescope Assembly Simulator
- Optical Test Access Switch
- Optical Test Access System (Sprint)
- Output Test Attenuator Switch
- Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa
- Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company
- Old Time All-Star League
Samples in periodicals archive:
The rule - known as the Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule - preempts any state and local laws as well as community association rules that impair installation, maintenance or use of a protected antenna by: unreasonably delaying or preventing installation, maintenance or use; unreasonably increasing the cost of installation, maintenance, or use; or precluding reception of an acceptable quality signal.
Section 207 of the 1996 Act directs the FCC to prohibit restrictions that impair a viewer's ability to receive video programming signals from various over-the-air reception devices and satellite dish antennas.