And other risks of fresh IVF transfer, such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, can be virtually eliminated when frozen/thaw transfers are employed.
What does OHSS stand for?
OHSS stands for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OHSS
We have 2 other meanings of OHSS in our Acronym Attic
- Ohio School Plant Managers Association
- Oral Health Status Questionnaire (dentistry)
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Office of Health Services Research (West Virginia University)
- Office of Human Subjects Research
- Orchestral Harmonie Salindres - Rousson
- Oklahoma High School Rodeo Association
- Ontario High School Rodeo Association
- Occupational Health and Safety Service (UK)
- Occupational Health and Safety Staff
- Ovigerous-Hair Stripping Substance (biology)
- Ohio High School Speech League
- Oregon High School Speech League Coaches Association (Albany, OR)
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologist
- Osteopathic Health System of Texas
- Ohio High School Transformation Initiative
- Occupational Health and Safety Unit (UK)
- Operational Health Support Unit (US DoD)
- Oregon Health & Science University (Portland, OR, USA)
- Ohio High School Volleyball Coaches Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
1221 QP251 From an October 2010 conference in London, 18 articles consider such topics as stem cells in endometrium and their role in the pathogenesis of endometriosis, ovarian cryopreservation strategies and the find control of ovarian follicle development in vitro, strategies to improve embryo implantation to supraphysiological rates, intensive care treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, and long-term progestin-only contraception in humans versus animal models.
Problems caused by GnRH agonists were mid-cycle gonadotrophin flares, a high incidence of multiple pregnancies and ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
MENOPUR is a potent gonadotropic substances capable of causing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) (overall IVF incidence of 3.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in novel reproduction Technologies: Prevention and treatment.
One risk posed by drugs used to stimulate the ovaries is a condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), which can be fatal in rare cases.
Jo was suffering from Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome, an affliction which affects a small proportion of all IVF patients, and which can even prove fatal.
Women whose eggs are being collected for research or fertility treatment are at risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).