Years ago, after we had been shocked by movies like The Snake Pit, we decided to deinstitutionalize the mentally ill, but as the psychiatrist Fuller Torrey pointed out in these pages a decade ago, we neglected to fund enough outpatient mental health clinics.
What does OMH stand for?
OMH stands for Outpatient Mental Health (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OMH
We have 41 other meanings of OMH in our Acronym Attic
- Oh My Hell
- Oh My Hemmings
- Ohhh... My Head.. (beer rating organization)
- Old Meeting House (various organizations)
- Old Mother Hubbard
- On My Honor
- One Minute Halo (band)
- Ookurayama Memorial Hospital (Japan)
- Open Market Handset (telecommunications)
- Orange County (airport code, VA)
- Outta My Hands
- Office of Minority Health Resource Center
- Office of Medicare Hearing & Appeals
- Ohio Manufactured Homes Association
- Ohio Morgan Horse Association (horse breeders)
- Ontario Manufactured Housing Association (Canada)
- Ontario Minor Hockey Association
- Oregon Manufactured Housing Association
- Old McDonald Had A Farm
- Office of Multifamily Housing Assistance Restructuring (Washington, DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This finding of higher rates of emergency room visits among children with autism demonstrates that many children with autism aren't receiving sufficient outpatient mental health care to prevent and manage the type of crises that are driving these families to seek urgent help," said Dr.
The organization's dedication to excellence is reinforced by its partnerships with universities, hospitals, and outpatient mental health centers in The Netherlands and around the world.
Two-thirds of primary care physicians said they couldn't get outpatient mental health services for their patients, according to a study by the Center for Studying Health System Change.
On the "hopeful" side, inmates with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder were more likely to be receiving medication during incarceration than at their time of arrest, "implying that greater access to outpatient mental health care might reduce the staggering toll of crime and incarceration," the researchers wrote.
The Center for Family Development offers outpatient mental health and alcohol and other drug recovery services for adults, youths and their families in individual and group settings; mental health coping with depression group; and a behavioral support specialist program which teaches life skills to youths.
A psychiatric hospital, the holding facility for the state hospital, and almost all of the outpatient mental health sites in the coastal counties had to close.
The second grant would go toward construction of a 30,000-square-foot service center at Division Street and Avenue K that would provide 15 beds and education and outpatient mental health services.