Trask first came to notice as the co-creator/composer/lyricist of the award-winning stage musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch, for which he won an Obie Award; the Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding off-Broadway Musical; a 1998 New York Magazine Award; Drama Desk Award nominations for Outstanding Music, Lyrics and New Musical; a Grammy Award nomination for Best Cast Album; and two GLAMA Awards.
What does OCC stand for?
OCC stands for Outer Critics Circle (est. 1949)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OCC
We have 428 other meanings of OCC in our Acronym Attic
- Orinda Country Club (California)
- Orthodox Catholic Church
- Orthodox Church of Canada
- Orthogonal Complementary Code
- Orthogonal Cover Code
- Osaka Copywriters Club (Osaka, Japan)
- Other Charges and Credits
- Other Common Carrier
- Other Costs and Credits (accounting component)
- Outage Control Center (nuclear power)
- Outgoing Call Completions
- Outreach Community Center (various locations)
- Overclockers Club (website)
- Overseas Coordination Conference
- Owensboro Community College (Kentucky)
- Owensboro Country Club (Owensboro, KY)
- Oxford Community Church (UK)
- Oxfordshire County Council (UK)
- Ozark Christian College
- Occupational Medicine (also seen as OCCMED and OM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For her performance in the Broadway production of The Drowsy Chaperone, Beth has received a Drama Desk, NY Outer Critics Circle and LA Drama Critic's Awards in addition to the Tony.
It won the 2010 Outer Critics Circle award for best play and drew three Tony nominations.
Connick made his Broadway theatrical stage debut in the 2006 revival of The Pajama Game as Sid Sorokin to sold-out audiences, rave reviews, and nominations for Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle and Drama League awards for Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical.
HeÕs produced such hits as ÒZorba,Ó ÒNine,Ó ÒMy One and Only,Ó ÒRing of FireÓ and ÒLa Cage Aux Folles,Ó and his GFour Productions has won 30 Tony Awards, 38 Drama Desk Awards and 10 Outer Critics Circle Awards.
In 1997, Reinking swept Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle and Astaire awards for her choreography for the City Center revival of Kander and Ebb's Chicago.
The story, which won the 1990 Olivier Award for best musical and was nominated for two Outer Critics Circle Awards in New York, is loosely based on Shakespeare's The Tempest but also features passages from some of his other plays.
It stormed the Broadway stage for 2,844 performances and played for nearly three years in the West End; the show also received a New York Drama Critics Circle Award for a Musical, two Outer Critics Circle Awards and a Drama Desk Award.