00--Not to be confused with Bertrand Russell's similarly titled Our Knowledge of the External World (1914), this is an extended explication and defense of what the author calls Hume's "critical realism.
What does OKEW stand for?
OKEW stands for Our Knowledge of the External World (book; Bertrand Russell)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Okeechobee (Amtrak station code; Okeechobee, FL)
- Oklahoma Kodály Educators
- Okregowa Komisja Egzaminacyjna (Polish examination board)
- Open Key Exchange (password protocol)
- Open Knowledge and Education (Indonesia)
- Open Knowledge Exchange
- Optical Kerr Effect
- Optical Kerr Effect with Polarization Dependent Loss
- Odvetvova klasifikace ekonomickych cinnosti
- Older Kansans Employment Program
- Oceania Karate Federation (martial arts)
- Okinawan Karate Federation (martial arts)
- Open Knowledge Foundation
- Overseas Koreans Foundation
- Ogolnopolski Konkurs Filmow Amatorskich (Polish: National Competition of Amateur Film)
- Oklahoma Festival of Flight
- Open Knowledge Foundation Network (Cambridge, England)
- Offener Kanal Gera (German: Gera Public TV; Gera, Germany)
- Opin Kerfi Group (Iceland)
- Optical Kerr Gate (spectroscopy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Turning to Henry of Ghent's views on species, Pasnau adduces a text from early in Henry's Summa which raises doubts about our knowledge of the external world based on the consideration that species are the primary objects of perception while the external world is known only mediatedly.