Preliminary human data show increased RANK expression correlated with poor outcome, and circulating concentrations of osteoprotegerin, the decoy RANK receptor inhibiting RANK-axis signalling, are increased in several conditions associated with decreased risk of breast cancer (e.
What does OPG stand for?
OPG stands for Osteoprotegerin
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OPG
We have 71 other meanings of OPG in our Acronym Attic
- Oldroyd Publishing Group (UK)
- Online Policy Group
- Ontario Power Generation (Canada)
- Operation Planning Group
- Operational Performance Goals
- Operations Planners Group
- Order Processing Guideline (Hewlett-Packard)
- Organisms per Gram (measurement)
- Organizational Process Group
- Österreichische Physikalische Gesellschaft (German: Austrian Physical Society)
- Olympic Pygmy Goat Association
- Optically Programmable Gate Array
- Organic Pin Grid Array (AMD)
- Occupied Palestine and Syrian Golan Heights Advocacy Initiative
- Oregon Problem Gambling Awareness Week
- One Piece: Grand Battle (video game)
- Observatoire de Physique du Globe de Clermont-Ferrand (France)
- Organization for Promoting Global Civilization (New York)
- Orissa Power Generation Corporation (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Interaction of human recombinant tumour necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand and osteoprotegerin could contribute to enhancement of the erosive processes induced by human synovial cells.
Association between osteoprotegerin gene polymorphisim and bone mineral density in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
In addition to the Framingham risk factors, vascular calcification in persons receiving renal replacement therapy is also associated with inflammation, disturbances in bone mineralization, hyperphosphatemia, osteoprotegerin, matrix Gla protein, and a deficiency in fetuin-A or alpha-Heremans-Schmid glycoprotein and deficiency in Vitamin K (Wang, 2009).
Osteoprotegerin (OPG), diger adi osteoklastogenez inhibitor faktoru (OCIF) olup tumor nekroz faktor ailesindendir.
17,19) First, cytokines bind to mesenchymal stem cells and increase the expression of receptor-activator NF-[kappa][beta] ligand (RANKL) and macrophage-colony stimulating factor (M-CSF) and decrease osteoprotegerin production, which effectively increases activation of osteoclasts (cells responsible for resorption of bone tissue).
RANKL also binds to osteoprotegerin (OPG), a decoy receptor, which reduces resorption.
Osteoprotegerin ligand is a cytokine that regulates osteoclast differentiation and activation.