37 Oscillating water column (OWC) 38 Wave surge or focussing devices - Tapchan (Tapered channel system) .
What does OWC stand for?
OWC stands for Oscillating Water Column
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OWC
We have 66 other meanings of OWC in our Acronym Attic
- Operating Working Capital
- Operational Watch Commander (US Navy)
- Operational Working Capital (economics)
- Optimal Water Content (engineering)
- Optimal Wellness Center (various locations)
- Oracle Web Conference
- Orange Watch Company (Australia)
- Oregon Wheat Commission
- Organic World Congress (agriculture)
- Original Wooden Case (wine collectors)
- Other World Computing (retail store)
- Our Wee Country (Northern Ireland)
- Outwit Catch (file extension)
- Owner Will Carry (real estate owner will carry mortgage)
- Owning Work Center (USAF)
- Obed Watershed Community Association (Crossville, TN)
- Office of Workers' Compensation Administration (Louisiana Department of Labor)
- Old Wesley Collegians Association (est. 1926; Australia)
- Old Westminster Citizen Association (Westminster City School, London, UK)
- Ontario Wood Carvers Association (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers want to design a pilot-scale version of a facility called an oscillating water column (OWC) situated on or near the shore, which consists of a subsurface opening.
The offshore floating steel frame structures, which will be moored to the seafloor, will be made up of an oscillating water column and wave chamber, turbine and electric generator.
Wavegen's Limpet plant, as well as prototypes built in Scotland, Australia, India, China, and elsewhere during the past 15 years, use what's known as an oscillating water column to turn wave energy into electricity.
The new plant in Mutriku in Northern Spain will work with the Oscillating Water Column (OWC) technology of Voith Siemens Hydro's Scottish subsidiary Wavegen where it is successfully field-tested for seven years now.
This plant utilizes Oscillating Water Column (OWC) technology and is the only grid connected OWC plant operating under commercial conditions.
Oceanlinx's unit combines the established science of the Oscillating Water Column (OWC) with its own patented turbine technology.
The Oscillating Water Column ("OWC")-based unit to be deployed at the Florence Wave Park has been developed and successfully tested over the past two years at the Oceanlinx wave plant facility at Port Kembla in New South Wales, Australia.