Thus, Lake Forest Elementary, a PreK8 Orleans Parish School Board charter school as defined by the Louisiana Department of Education was born.
What does OPSB stand for?
OPSB stands for Orleans Parish School Board
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OPSB
We have 3 other meanings of OPSB in our Acronym Attic
- Optimal Path Selection Algorithm for Static and Mobile Multicast Routing Problems
- Operations and Management Open Area Working Group (IETF)
- Operational Satellite Uplink (from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell)
- Operational Satellite Uplink (Spinter Cell video game)
- Optical Satellite Communications
- Oral Proficiency Skills for Aviation (Defense Language Institute class; Lackland Air Force Base, TX)
- Ohio Power Siting Board (new energy facility review)
- Old Private Sector Bank
- Open Proxy Scanning Bot (software)
- Open Slotted Band (motors)
- Ouachita Parish School Board (Monroe, LA)
- Old Puget Sound Beach Rugby Football Club (est. 1971; Seattle, WA)
- Ontario Public School Boards' Association (Canada)
- Ouachita Parish School Board Warehouse (West Monroe, LA)
- Office of Public School Construction
- Office of the Public Service Commissioner (Queensland, Australia)
- Ohio Public Service Company
- Optional Protocol on Sale of Children, Child Prostitution, and Child Pornography (UN Convention on the Rights of the Child; UN Children's Fund)
- Oregon Patient Safety Commission (est. 2003)
- Oregon Plumbing Safety Code (laws)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In December, the Orleans Parish School Board voted to reject any science textbook that "presents creationism or intelligent design as science or scientific theories.
Orleans Parish and the Recovery School District have led the state in growth since 2008," said Stan Smith, Interim Superintendent of the Orleans Parish School Board.
The Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB was the strongest board politically in the state.
Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB): The seven-member board that was directly responsible for the operation of 117 schools prior to Katrina and currently oversees the operation of five schools.
and Stan Smith, COO/CFO of the Orleans Parish School Board in New Orleans.
By early November, the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education granted approval to the fledgling Algiers Charter Schools Association for the opening of five charter schools that were formerly under the jurisdiction of the Orleans Parish School Board.
Later, the Orleans Parish School Board laid off 7,500 teachers and other employees.