The nebula is part of the Orion Molecular Cloud, located about 1,500 light-years away in the constellation Orion.
What does OMC stand for?
OMC stands for Orion Molecular Cloud
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OMC
We have 250 other meanings of OMC in our Acronym Attic
- organic molecular crystal
- Organisation Mondiale du Commerce (French: WTO)
- Organização Mundial do Comércio (Portuguese: World Trade Organization)
- Organización Mundial del Comercio (Spanish: World Trade Organization)
- Organizational Maintenance Concept
- Organizational Member Council (ANSI term)
- Organizzazione Mondiale del Commercio (Italian: World Trade Organization)
- Oriental Medical Center (Seattle, WA)
- Original Male Character
- Orinoco Mining Company
- Orissa Mining Corporation Ltd.
- Osteopathic Medical Center (various locations)
- Ostiomeatal Complex (otolaryngology)
- Otara Millionaires Club (musical artist)
- Other Management Controllable
- Our Missing Children (Canada)
- Outboard Marine Corporation
- Outboard Motor Corporation
- Outer Membranes Complex
- Outlaws Motorcycle Club (est. 1935)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1994, Hans Bloemen of the Space Research Organization in Utrecht, the Netherlands, and his colleagues used a telescope aboard the Compton Gamma Ray Observatory (GRO) to analyze a series of broad emission lines from the Orion molecular cloud complex, the nearest stellar nursery to Earth (SN: 2/4/95, p.
The discovery of an atomic hydrogen atmosphere surrounding the Orion molecular cloud provides important information about the early stages of star formation and the details of molecular cloud evolution, the researchers say.