The plasmids based on the pMB1 (ColEI-type) origin of replication from E.
What does ori stand for?
ori stands for Origin of Replication
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ori
We have 83 other meanings of ori in our Acronym Attic
- Online Retrieval Interface
- Open on Rise of Inlet (pressure valve)
- Open Ranks Inspection
- Open Rivers Initiative (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- Operational Readiness Inspection
- Operator-Robot Interaction
- Orbital Replacement Instrument
- Oregon Research Institute
- Oriental Research Institute (India)
- Originating Agency Identifier (nine-digit code used by agencies on the law enforcement network)
- Orthopaedic Research Institute (Wichita, KS)
- Orthorectified Radar Image
- Outdoor Restrooms Incorporated (Missouri)
- Overhaul/Repair Instruction
- Oxford Research International
- Operational Readiness Inspection/Exercise
- Office of Radiation and Indoor Air
- Office of Refugee and Immigrant Affairs (New York, NY)
- Office of Research Integrity and Assurance (Cornell University; New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To confirm results, DNA from all PCR-positive samples was reextracted and screened with primers specific for the region of the genome containing the noncoding control region (NCCR), which includes the virus origin of replication (genome coordinates 5213 to nt 36 of the circular viral genome).
A phagemid is a plasmid containing a bacterial origin of replication and a phage origin of replication.