00 US Dollar) The non-chlorinated pesticides have been introduced as an ecologically preferred alternative to the organochlorine compounds.
What does OCC stand for?
OCC stands for Organochlorine Compound
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OCC
We have 428 other meanings of OCC in our Acronym Attic
- Orange Coast College (Costa Mesa, California)
- Orange County Catering (Fullerton, CA)
- Orange County Choppers (Orange County, NY)
- Orange County Council (Boy Scouts of America)
- Orange County Criminals (gang; California)
- Orchid Country Club (Singapore)
- Ordened Computer Chaos (LAN-Party in Belgium)
- Order of the Caribbean Community
- Oregon Convention Center (Portland, OR)
- Organización para los Comunistas Canarios (Organization for Canarian Communists; Canary Islands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
45 1) studied 344 children from a Spanish birth cohort to determine whether concentrations of organochlorine compounds (OCs), such as polychlorinatcd biphe-nyls (PCBs), dichlorodiphenyldichlorocthylene (DDE), and dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT), measured prenatally were associated with overweight in children at 6.
Persistent organochlorine compounds may be related to point sources eg; industrial discharges and domestic sewage, but more frequently, as in the case of pesticide pollution.
Organochlorine Compounds in Bleach Plant Effluents--Genesis and Control, by P.
A few researchers consider these alternatives safer because chlorine can react with organic material in murky water and produce organochlorine compounds, which carry cancer risks.
The Long Island Breast Cancer Study Project, one of the largest and most comprehensive environmental epidemiologic studies ever conducted on breast cancer, resulted in two principal findings: -- exposure to air-polluting polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the environment appears to elevate women's risk of breast cancer by a modest 50 percent in the two counties; and -- exposure to organochlorine compounds resulted in no increased rate of illness among area women.
The groups said, ''The Japanese government plans to import lean meats, as their pollution levels are relatively low, but such meats also contain blubber and are potentially dangerous,'' given that organochlorine compounds tend to accumulate easily in blubber.
Finally, the few bad actors, like some organochlorine compounds, have been replaced.