The Organization of News Ombudsmen, based in Toronto, has lost about 14 members over the past three years.
What does ONO stand for?
ONO stands for Organization of News Ombudsmen
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ONO
We have 15 other meanings of ONO in our Acronym Attic
- Optical Network Navigator System (Lucent)
- Office of Navajo Nation Scholarship and Financial Assistance
- Oh No Not That Again
- Oh No, Not This Again
- Orchestra of Northern New York (Potsdam, NY)
- Oeste-Noroeste (Spanish: West-Northwest)
- One Night Only (event)
- Ontgiften, Neutraliseren en Ontwateren (Dutch: decontamination, neutralization, dehydration)
- Or Near Offer(s)
- Or Nearest Offer
- Original Network Operator (mobile communications operator)
- Ostnordost (German; East-North-East)
- Over N Out (gaming clan)
- Ovest-Nord-Ovest (Italian: West-North-West)
- Oceania National Olympic Committees
- Omni-Directional/No Channel Assignment
- One Night One Industry (construction industry annual show)
- Old New Orleans Iron Forge (Jefferson, LA)
- Origin Normal Fare Open Jaw (airfare construction)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Media ombudsmen, the internal watchdogs at media organizations around the world, have seen their numbers decline, according to the Organization of News Ombudsmen.
In the past few years, the Organization of News Ombudsmen has welcomed members from Turkey (from Sabah and Milliyet) and Morocco (2MTV and SNRT TV).
Bull, president of the Organization of News Ombudsmen and assistant to the editor at the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Bull, assistant to the editor of the Philadelphia Inquirer, who says he's "been the president of every press group known to man," chalks up another one as president of the Organization of News Ombudsmen.
This month, as the Organization of News Ombudsmen gathers for its annual convention, the profession marks the 26th year since the Louisville Courier-journal hired the first ombudsman.