The gas cartel is still officially known as the Gas Forum, but major exporters Iran and Russia last year started a move to change the body into an OPEC like organization called the Organization of Gas Exporting Countries (OGEC).
What does OGEC stand for?
OGEC stands for Organization of Gas Exporting Countries
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OGEC
We have 7 other meanings of OGEC in our Acronym Attic
- Outdoor Gear Exchange
- Operating Ground Equipment/Real Property Installed Equipment
- Oak Grove Educators Association (San Jose, CA)
- Online Guide East Asia (Germany)
- Outil Géo-Environnemental d’Aide à la Décision
- Oil, Gas and Energy Branch (Environment Canada)
- Oil & Gas Exploration Company Krakow Ltd. (Poland)
- Oklahoma Global Education Consortium
- Oregon Geriatric Education Center (Portland, OR)
- Oregon Government Ethics Commission
- Oil, Gas and Energy Directorate
- Object-oriented Graphic for European Furniture Industry
- Odontogenic Gingival Epithelial Hamartoma
- Ontario Guild of English Handbell Ringers (Canada)
- Office of Global Education Initiatives (Queens College; New York)
- Office of Graduate Ethnic Inclusion (University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA)
- Öesterreichische Gesellschaft zur Erforschung des Knochens und Mineralstoffwechsell (Austrian Society for Bone and Mineral Research; Vienna, Austria)
- Oil, Gas and Energy Law (journal; est. 2003)
- Open General Export Licence (UK)
- Oil and Gas Engineering Management (Pennsylvania State University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Elaborating on the possibility of formation of an organization of gas exporting countries he said that making comparison between the organization and OPEC is fault because the two organizations follow different aims and because allocation of ratios on gas sales is impossible.
Iran joined the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) - or what has recently been more known as the Organization of Gas Exporting Countries (OGEC) - in a bid to promote the country's stand in gas ties, enjoy optimized revenues from national resources and stabilize its position in the world's gas arena, and this (move) should not undergo judgment and discussion through a short-term view," he stressed.