As far as is known, Palestrina began his active musical life as organist and choirmaster in his native city in 1544; his reputation increasing, in 1551 he was called to Rome, entrusted with the direction and musical formation of the choirboys at St.
What does OCM stand for?
OCM stands for Organist and Choirmaster
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OCM
We have 154 other meanings of OCM in our Acronym Attic
- Optical Channel Multiplexer
- Optical Countermeasures
- Oracle Certified Master (database administrator certification)
- Oral Contraceptive Medication
- Orange County Materials (OCM Test Laboratories, Inc.)
- Orbit Correction Maneuver (US NASA)
- Orbital Conjunction Message (US NASA)
- Order Change Management
- Order of Crescent Moon (Odyssey Classic guild)
- Ordinary Council Meeting
- Organization Change Management
- Organization Computer Manager
- Organization for Competitive Markets
- Organizational Change Management
- Organizational Configuration Management
- Oriental Chain Manufacturing (Japan)
- Original Component Manufacturer
- Orihuela Costa Magazine
- Osterweis Capital Management (est. 1983; Milwaukee, WI)
- Oswal Cloth Mills
Samples in periodicals archive:
The singers were accompanied on piano by parish church organist and choirmaster Mr A H Lawrence.
Byline: David Whetstone CELEBRATION of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee will give church organist and choirmaster Fred Peacock cause for personal reflection.
From an early age, Curley studied music at the North Carolina School of the Arts for talented children, and held his first professional post at 15 years of age, as organist and choirmaster at a large Baptist church in Atlanta, Georgia.
He served as organist and choirmaster at Trinity Church in Barrie, Ont.
Sutton - now working as a private music teacher in Guildford, Surrey - said: "I was employed as organist and choirmaster of the adult choir.
Musituality - Music In the Spirit of Harmony - is the brainchild of Moseley musician Rich Batsford who has joined forces with Mick Perrier, the organist and choirmaster of his local church, St Mary's, and Amran Ellahi, the driving force behind Muslim faith group Aashiq Al Rasul to organise the event.
In the late 1940s, he joined the church of St John the Baptist in the city centre as organist and choirmaster.