Researchers at the East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine (Greenville, North Carolina) studied a group of 27 healthy young individuals with no evidence of organic heart disease immediately before and after smoking one cigarette or chewing nicotine gum for 15 minutes.
What does OHD stand for?
OHD stands for Organic Heart Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OHD
We have 37 other meanings of OHD in our Acronym Attic
- Old Hickory Credit Union (Tennessee)
- Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (University of Western Australia; Nedlands, Australia)
- Obsessional Hyclic Disorder (psychology)
- Off-Hook Delay
- Office of Hydrologic Development (US NOAA)
- Oh Happy Day (song)
- Ohrid, Macedonia - Ohrid (Airport Code)
- Online Hard Drive
- Orascom Hotel and Development (Cairo, Egypt)
- Oregon Health Division
- Over-the-Horizon Detection
- Overhead Door
- Oxnard Harbor District (Canada)
- Hydroxy Dopamine
- Ottawa Highland Dancing Association (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Overseas Humanitarian Disaster and Casualty Assistance
- Overseas Humanitarian Disaster Assistance and Civic Aid appropriation
- Ohio HIV Drug Assistance Program (medication aid; Ohio)
- Only Human Dance Collective (Toronto Ontario, Canada)
- Oregon Human Development Corporation (est. 1979)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In young people without organic heart disease, recreational drug abuse is an important cause of SCD.
Dobutamine HCl is indicated for the treatment of adults with cardiac decompression due to depressed contractility resulting either from organic heart disease or from cardiac surgical procedures.