While not as common it is possible that even a single heavy exposure to mold could lead to Organic Dust Toxic Syndrome, Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis, or other immunologic effects.
What does ODTS stand for?
ODTS stands for Organic Dust Toxic Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ODTS
We have 2 other meanings of ODTS in our Acronym Attic
- Office of the Dean of Teaching and Learning (Ireland)
- On Down the Line
- Ocean Data Telemetry Microsat Link
- Old Dominion Theatre Organ Society (Virginia)
- Optical Discriminator Targets Program
- Oregon Dual Task Procedure (psychological test)
- Office of the Director of Telecommunications Regulation (Ireland)
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer
- Osteoporosis Diagnosis, Treatment and Research Center
- Orbit Determination and Time Synchronization
- Organización Dominicana de Turismo Sostenible (Dominican Sustainable Tourism Organization)
- Oshima Dog Training School (Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan)
- Overseas Doctors' Training Scheme
- Oxford Dog Training Society (UK)
- Ortadogu Teknik Universitesi (Middle East Technical University)
- Orta Dogu Teknik Üniversitesi (Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey)
- Oracle Development Tools User Group
- Ondo State Television Corporation (Nigeria)
- One Dead Three Wounded (band)
- One-Dimensional Time-to-Explosion
Samples in periodicals archive:
Exposure to these particles can cause or exacerbate acute infections or toxic pneumonitis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis (farmer's lung), chronic asthma, bronchitis, silicosis, and organic dust toxic syndrome.
While scientific evidence connecting mold to health problems remains inconclusive, many believe mold may cause certain adverse health effects ranging from minor symptoms such as eye irritation, cough, runny nose, allergy and asthma to more severe health ailments such as Organic Dust Toxic Syndrome and pulmonary hemosiderosis.