In its recently unveiled Organic Action Plan, the Scottish government said it expected the organic sector to play a key role in helping the country's food and drink industry hit its five-year target of [pounds sterling]12.
What does OAP stand for?
OAP stands for Organic Action Plan (EU)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OAP
We have 116 other meanings of OAP in our Acronym Attic
- Ontario Automobile Policy
- Open Access Plan (managed care)
- Open Air Pub (Engineering Undergraduate Society; McGill University; Canada)
- Operations Approval Panel
- Opportunities Abroad Program (California)
- Optically Activated Pigmented (coating systems)
- Oral Anti-Platelet (therapy)
- Orbit Average Power (spacecraft electric power systems)
- Orbiting Astronomical Observatory
- Ordered Access Pairs
- Organizational Assessment Package
- Orthogonal Arrays of Particles
- Osaka Amenity Park (Osaka, Japan)
- Out at Play
- Outline Acquisition Plan
- Ove Arup & Partners Ltd
- Over Age Premium (logistics/shipping)
- Over-the-Air Programming (computing)
- Ownership Assistance Program (home ownership; various locations)
- Order-I Algebraic Processing
Samples in periodicals archive:
More recently, she has worked closely with the Welsh Assembly Government on a range of policy issues including the Organic Farming Scheme and the second Welsh Organic Action Plan.
FARMERS in Wales are on track to meet the Welsh Organic Action Plan target of turning 10-15% of farmland to organic production by 2010.
The Organic Action Plan Group aims to identify ways to ensure the growth of the organic sector by setting out practical measures that the government and farming industries can take.
Some 857 holdings are now in conversion or fully organic, compared with 710 in January 2007, showing that Wales is well on the way to meet the Welsh Organic Action Plan target of 10 to 15% of Welsh land organic by 2010.
This work is vital if the English Organic Action Plan target of 70% of organic products sourced from the UK by 2010 is to be met.
The organic action plan group will advise on how developments in the organic sector can serve as a pattern for the development of truly local food markets generally.
The government today published its 21-point Organic Action Plan for England, setting out schemes to increase the market and up British farmers' share to 70 per cent, instead of their current market share of less than 30 per cent.