The Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative increased the supply of deceased donors starting in 2003, but these gains were probably unanticipated by patients and most transplant surgeons.
What does ODBC stand for?
ODBC stands for Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative (US DHHS)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ODBC
We have 1 other meaning of ODBC in our Acronym Attic
- Ottawa District Badminton Association
- Outboard Drag Boat Association
- International Conference on Ontologies, Databases, and Applications of Semantics
- Ontologies, Databases, and Applications of Semantics (conference)
- Opening Doors and Building Bridges (Lincoln Square Business Improvement District; New York, NY)
- Our Daily Bread Bakery (Blacksburg, VA)
- Old Dominion Boat Club (Alexandria, VA)
- Open Database Connectivity
- Open Door Bible Church
- Oracle Database Connectivity
- Our Daily Bread Employment Center (Baltimore, MD)
- One-Day Business Forum
- Ontario Drug Benefit Formulary (Ministry of Health; Ontario, Canada)
- Old Dundee Bar & Grill (Omaha, NE)
- Ontologies-Based Techniques for Databases in Information Systems and Knowledge Systems
- Old Dominion Baseball League (Virginia)
- Oracle Data Base Lite
- Open Door Baptist Missions
- Object Database Management System
- Object-Oriented Database Management System (also seen as OODMS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
org [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] References: HRSA: Organ donation breakthrough collaborative.
This study fills the gap on the effectiveness of quality improvement in organ procurement by estimating the impact of the Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative on donation rates.
academic medical center, Creighton University Medical Center, has received the prestigious Medal of Honor from the United States Department of Health and Human Services for establishing best practices and increasing organ donation in Nebraska through the National Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative.
The new information compiled by the Health Resources and Services Administration Division of Transplantation Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative from data collected by the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) revealed there were a total 8,022 donors in 2006, an increase of 5.
A major contributor to OneLegacy's record numbers has been the Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative, a nationwide initiative launched in 2003 to save and enhance thousands of lives a year by spreading known best practices to the nation's largest hospitals and to achieve organ donation rates of 75% or higher in these hospitals.
Thompson's, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative.
Marianne Beach, transplant administrator at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, the interim president of the new group, told Transplant News that the need for creating an independent new association became evident to administrators after being so closely involved in the Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative over the past few years.