In 2007, Michael was elected by members of his Troop to Scouting's Honor Society, the Order of the Arrow.
What does OA stand for?
OA stands for Order of the Arrow (National Honor Society of the Boy Scouts of America)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OA
We have 57 other meanings of OA in our Acronym Attic
- Orange Anime (Florida japanese culture and media club)
- Orbit Area
- Orbital Analyst
- Orbital/Orbiter Assembly
- Orbiter Ancillary
- Orchestra Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Order Administration
- Order of Architects (Portugal)
- Order of Australia
- Order of Avalon (gaming)
- Ordered Aggregate (Differentiated Services Protocol)
- Ordering Activity
- Ordinary Annuity
- Organization and Administration
- Organizational Assessment
- Organizing Authority (various organizations)
- Oriental Adventures (gaming)
- Orientation Advisor (school)
- Orienteering Australia (Australian Capital Territory)
- Origin Agent (transportation industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After 30 years of publishing articles by Scott, I finally got to meet him this past August in the National Order of the Arrow Conference in Lansing, Michigan.
An avid fisherman, he was an extremely active volunteer for the Boy Scouts, being a Silver Beaver and Order of the Arrow recipient.
He is an Eagle Scout, member of the National Order of the Arrow, and remains involved in Scouting both on the local and national level.
A partner in the law firm of Baker and Hostetler in Orlando, Perez is also a member of the BSA's National Executive Board and the National Order of the Arrow Committee.
He was elected senior patrol leader at 13, earned 24 merit badges, and is a member of the order of the arrow.
He has earned 28 merit badges and received the Arrow of Light Award, Order of the Arrow and World Conservation Award.
Besides his position on the BSA's Executive Board, Fossett has been awarded the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award, and the Silver Buffalo Award (Scouting's highest volunteer award) and is a member of the Order of the Arrow, Scouting's national honor society.