Right up at the top of our patch, Shropshire Music opens proceedings in spectacular fashion with a Gala Concert on September 7, when John Lubbock's Orchestra of St John's accompanies Sir James Galway, the man with the golden flute, in a glittering array of lollipops (Shrewsbury School, 7.
What does OSJ stand for?
OSJ stands for Orchestra of St John's (London, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OSJ
We have 14 other meanings of OSJ in our Acronym Attic
- Okhotsk Sea Intermediate Water (climatology)
- Open Society Initiative for Western Africa (Senegal)
- Open Systems Interconnection Working Group (UNIX International)
- Oblates of St. Joseph (religious order)
- Ocean Science Journal (Korea)
- Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction (SEC)
- Open Source Japan
- Open Stub J-Pole (amateur radio antenna)
- Opera San Jose (San Jose, California)
- Optical Society of Japan (Japan Society of Applied Physics)
- Order of St. James (Christian group)
- Order of St. John of Jerusalem (Knights of Malta)
- Order of the Knights Hospitaller of St. John of Jerusalem, Palestine, Rhodes, and Malta
- Office of Staff Judge Advocate
- Office of Student Judicial Affairs
- Open Source Jailbreak (software)
- Order of St. John the Beloved (Oklahoma)
- Oriental Shiraishi-Japan Bridge (holding company)
- Our Smiling Jesus Band (band)
- Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law
Samples in periodicals archive:
She will be singing with the Orchestra of St John's in a programme featuring music by Elgar, Britten, Walton and Tchaikovsky on September 30.
The Orchestra of St John's gave the first London performance of Tongues of Fire: Missa Brevis in St John's Smith Square and W11 Opera performed Deep Waters, a children's opera written in collaboration with the novelist, Christie Dickason, before Christmas, 2000.
Music lovers from the Midlands will have the chance to hear works by Mozart, Haydn, Schubert and Britten when the Orchestra of St John's makes a special visit to Dorchester-on-Thames.
The Orchestra of St John's Smith Square was another of his respected clients.
She is currently director of music at Melton Mowbray parish church and sings in the Choir of the Orchestra of St John's, in Smith Square, London.
This concert also features the world premiere of Kenneth Leighton's Oboe Concerto, with other premieres during the Festival week coming from the Orchestra of St John's Smith Square for Monday afternoon's concert in the concert-hall of Nimbus Records at Wyastone Leys (Jeremy Lubbock's Dialogue for Viola and Strings), and the Festival Chorus and Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra in Hereford Cathedral on Thursday (Festival Commission Otherworld by Judith Bingham).
I have every respect for what my father did when he was in Parliament, but there was never any doubt in my mind that music was for me," says Oliver, who conducts the Orchestra of St John's, Smith Square, on a rare visit to Birmingham on Sunday.