The purpose of the ENGINE trial was a real-world comparison of Scout DS to fasting plasma glucose (FPG) and HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) for type 2 diabetes screening, using a 2-hour oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) as the reference standard.
What does OGAT stand for?
OGAT stands for Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OGAT
We have 2 other meanings of OGAT in our Acronym Attic
- Ongoing Assessment Program
- Oxford Genome Anatomy Project (database)
- Österreichische Gesellschaft für Anaesthesiologie, Reanimation und Intensivmedizin (German)
- O'Brien Global Assessment Scale
- Oil and Gas Accounting Software
- Ongoing G20 (Group of Twenty Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors forum) Arrestees Solidarity Network (Australia)
- Oberlin Gilbert and Sullivan Players (Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio)
- O6-Alkylguanine-DNA-Alkyl-Transferase (DNA repair enzyme)
- Office of Global Access Technology
- Official Government Acceptance Test (US FEMA)
- Oregon Gambling Addiction Treatment Foundation
- Oficina de la Gobernadora para los Asuntos de la Vejez (Governor’s Office of Elderly Affairs, Puerto Rico)
- Organismus für Gemeinsame Anlage in Wertpapiere (German: Undertaking for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities)
- Okinawa General Bureau (Japan)
- Old Gold and Black (newspaper; Wake Forest University; Winston-Salem, NC)
- Old Government Building
- OnGuard Backup (Palm)
- Open Gastric Bypass
- Optimized Gun Barrel
- OXFAM Great Britain
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sleep duration was linearly correlated with 90-minute oral glucose tolerance test results (r = -0.
The results were statistically significant as measured by an oral glucose tolerance test.
For women with gestational diabetes, an oral glucose tolerance test should be done 6 weeks after delivery, the American Diabetes Association recommends.
Guidelines issued in 2007 by the European Society of Cardiology and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes recommended that physicians routinely perform an oral glucose tolerance test following an MI in patients who had not previously been diagnosed with diabetes (Eur.
The authors measured glucose and insulin levels in fasting blood and in blood collected during oral glucose tolerance tests to evaluate the diabetogenic effects of the treatment.
1 mmol/l after a 75 g oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) was shown to represent a similar degree of hyperglycaemia as an FPG [grater than or equal]7 mmol/l and a similar risk for retinopathy.
2 ** Oral glucose tolerance tests were conducted with methanol extract of fruits of Tamarindus indica in mice.