REYKJAVIK, Iceland, June 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- deCODE genetics today announced positive topline results from its latest clinical pharmacology study of DG041, the company's first-in-class antagonist of the EP3 receptor for prostaglandin E2, developed as a next-generation oral anti-platelet therapy for preventing arterial thrombosis without increasing bleeding risk.
What does OAP stand for?
OAP stands for Oral Anti-Platelet (therapy)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OAP
We have 116 other meanings of OAP in our Acronym Attic
- One Arm Pull-up
- One Arts Plaza (Dallas, TX)
- One-Step Approval Procedure
- Ontario Association of Pathologists
- Ontario Automobile Policy
- Open Access Plan (managed care)
- Open Air Pub (Engineering Undergraduate Society; McGill University; Canada)
- Operations Approval Panel
- Opportunities Abroad Program (California)
- Optically Activated Pigmented (coating systems)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The distinguishing feature of our study is that a double-blind comparison of the two different anti-thrombotic regimens was performed against a backdrop of optimal oral anti-platelet loading therapy," said Adnan Kastrati, MD, a professor of cardiology and head of the catheterization laboratory at Deutsches Herzzentrum and Technical University, Munich, Germany.
Drugs such as Plavix(TM) and aspirin, the current mainstays of oral anti-platelet therapy, significantly increase the risk of bleeding by broadly blocking platelet activity.
announced today an agreement to co-develop and co-market Searle's novel oral anti-platelet agent, xemilofiban, in Japan.