Typical uses for these actuators include focusing laser beams, adjusting beam position, and automated optimization of laser cavity optics for research, nanotechnology and biophotonics applications.
What does OFR stand for?
OFR stands for Optics for Research
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OFR
We have 70 other meanings of OFR in our Acronym Attic
- Old Fart Riders (Hanson, MA)
- Old French (linguistics)
- Oliebranchens FællesRepræsentation
- Open File Report (various organizations)
- Open File Review (insurance)
- Open Fire Regulations
- Open Flexible Router
- Operating and Financial Review
- Operation First Response (Virginia)
- Optical First Routing
- Organic Free Range (poultry and eggs)
- Original Floyd-Rose (electric guitar)
- Our Friends Records (UK)
- Out for Repair
- Overdue Problem Report Fix Responsiveness (TL 9000)
- Oakland Firefighters Random Acts (Oakland, CA)
- Office Furniture Rental Alliance (office furniture rental; East Hartford, CT)
- Oregon Forestry Retirees Association (Salem, OR)
- Organic Farming Research Association (Doniphan, MO)
- Office for Robotic Architectural Media & the Bureau for Responsive Architecture
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another line of business are synchrotron and X-ray optics for research purposes.
AMRAY, founded in 1958 to specialize in electron optics for research and manufacturing applications, will become a division of KLA-Tencor.