And all those eye movements do not cause any discomfort when passing from one optical zone into another.
What does OZ stand for?
OZ stands for Optical Zone (contact lens fitting term)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OZ
We have 2 other meanings of OZ in our Acronym Attic
- Own Your Wagon Scheme (strategy to help railway economy; New Delhi, India)
- Oulun Yliopiston Ylioppilaskunta (Finnish: Oulu University Students' Union)
- Office for Youth and Young Adults
- Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry (Columbus, Ohio)
- Asiana Airlines (IATA airline code)
- Australia (slang)
- Open Zelda (gaming software)
- Operation Z.E.R.O. (Kids Next Door movie)
- Operation Zero (overweight program for adolescents)
- Operational Zone
- Organization of Zodiac (gaming military slang)
- Outer Zone
- Outlawz (Quake3 Clan)
- Ozzy Osbourne (rock singer)
- Olson Zaltman Associates (consultants)
- Office of Zoning and Administrative Hearings (Montgomery County, MD)
- Operational Zone Adriatic Coast (Trieste, Italy; est. 1943)
- Ozark National Scenic Riverways (US National Park Service)
- Onafhankelijk Ziekenfonds Bedrijven (Dutch: Independent Fund Companies; health insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They address in detail the optics, etiology and clinical presentation of the irregular cornea, including discussion of complications such as decentered treatment, small optical zone, central island, oblate cornea, and destabilized cornea.
The ReZoom(TM) IOL Balanced View Optics(TM) distribute light over five optical zones for enhanced restoration of visual function, providing distance, intermediate and near vision for reduced spectacle dependence.
Intacs are a safe and convenient alternative to eyeglasses, contact lenses and vision correction surgeries that permanently alter the eye's central optical zone.
Results of the 14-patient study showed that Catalys produced these incisions with exceptional accuracy in size, placement and geometry, with optical zone precision within 0.
Anti-Halo LASIK makes use of wider laser optical zones that better cover the pupils at night.
These products offer alternatives to eyeglasses, contact lenses and vision correction surgeries that permanently alter the eye's central optical zone.
Instead of cutting or removing tissue from the central cornea like other surgical treatments, the KeraVision system reshapes the cornea by adding material outside the optical zone -- and thereby leaving this critical area for clear vision undisturbed.